Morocco, officially known as the Kingdom of Morocco, located in Northern Africa. It is the most westerly of the North African countries known as the Maghreb - the "Arab West".
Location & Area:
- Northern Africa, bordering the North Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea, between Algeria and Western Sahara.
- It covers an area of 446,550 km2.
- July 30 (National Day)
- Mediterranean, becoming more extreme in the interior.
- Mountainous northern coast (Rif Mountains) and interior (Atlas Mountains) bordered by large plateaus with intermontane valleys, and fertile coastal plains.
- 34,314,130 (July 2018 estimate)
- Arabic (official);
- Berber dialects-French
- Morocco’s flag is red with a green pentacle (five-pointed, linear star) in the center of the flag.
- Moroccan dirham (Dh)
- It is divided into 11 regions includes; Beni Mellal-Khenifra, Casablanca-Settat, Draa-Tafilalet, Fes-Meknes, Guelmim-Oued Noun, Laayoune-Sakia al Hamra, Oriental, Marrakech-Safi, Rabat-Sale-Kenitra, Souss-Massa and Tanger-Tetouan-Al Hoceima.
- It is latest drafted on June 17, 2011 and approved by referendum on July 1, 2011
- Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
King of Morocco:
- Mohammed VI
- Phosphates, iron ore, manganese, lead, zinc, fish and salt.
- Agriculture products: Barley, wheat, citrus fruits, grapes, vegetables, olives and livestock.
- Industries: Automotive parts, phosphate mining and processing, aerospace, food processing, leather goods, textiles, construction, energy and tourism.
- Main exports: Clothing and textiles, automobiles, electric components, inorganic chemicals, transistors, crude minerals, fertilizers (including phosphates), petroleum products, citrus fruits, vegetables, fish.
- Main imports: Crude petroleum, textile fabric, telecommunications equipment, wheat, gas and electricity, transistors, plastics.