Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Location & Area:
- The Central African Republic (CAR) is a landlocked country in Central Africa. It is bordered by Chad to the north, Sudan to the northeast, South Sudan to the east, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Republic of the Congo to the south and Cameroon to the west.
- It covers an area of 622,984 sq km (240,535 sq miles).
- December 1
- August 13, 1960
- The climate is tropical, with abundant rainfall of about 178 cm (70 in) annually in the south, decreasing to about 86 cm (30 in) in the extreme northeast. There is one rainy season (December– March) and one long, hot, dry season (April–November).
- Vast, flat to rolling plateau; scattered hills in northeast and southwest.
- 5,745,062 (July 2018 estimate)
- French (official);
- Sangho (lingua franca and national language)
- Central African Republic’s flag is four equal horizontal bands of blue (top), white, green, and yellow with a vertical red band in center; a yellow five-pointed star to the hoist side of the blue band.
- CFA franc
- It is divided into 14 prefectures includes; Bamingui-Bangoran, Basse-Kotto, Haute-Kotto, Haut-Mbomou, Kemo, Lobaye, Mambere-Kadei, Mbomou, Nana-Mambere, Ombella-Mpoko, Ouaka, Ouham, Ouham-Pende and Vakaga, 2 economic prefectures includes; Nana-Grebizi and Sangha-Mbaere and 1 commune includes; Bangui.
- Latest (interim constitution) approved by the Transitional Council on August 30, 2015, adopted by referendum on December 13-14, 2015 and ratified on March 27, 2016.
- Presidential Republic
President of Central African Republic:
- Faustin-Archange Touadéra
- Diamonds, uranium, timber, gold, oil and hydropower.
- Agriculture products: Cotton, coffee, tobacco, cassava (manioc, tapioca), yams, millet, corn, bananas; timber.
- Industries: Gold and diamond mining, logging, brewing, sugar refining.
- Main exports: Diamonds, timber, cotton, coffee.
- Main imports: Food, textiles, petroleum products, machinery, electrical equipment, motor vehicles, chemicals, pharmaceuticals.