The Republic of the Congo is located in on the west coast of sub-Saharan Africa. It has a very small coast line along the Atlantic.
Location & Area:
- It is bordered by Gabon to the northwest, Cameroon and the Central African Republic to the north, the Democratic Republic of Congo to the East, and Gabon to the South.
- It covers an area of 342,000 km2.
- August 15 (National Day)
- Tropical; rainy season (March to June); dry season (June to October); persistent high temperatures and humidity; particularly enervating climate astride the Equator.
- Coastal plain, southern basin, central plateau, northern basin.
- 5,062,021 (July 2018 estimate)
- French (Official);
- Congo’s flag is divided diagonally from the lower hoist side by a yellow band; the upper triangle (hoist side) is green and the lower triangle is red
- CFA franc
- It is divided into 12 departments includes; Bouenza, Brazzaville, Cuvette, Cuvette-Ouest, Kouilou, Lekoumou, Likouala, Niari, Plateaux, Pointe-Noire, Pool and Sangha.
- It is latest approved by referendum on October 25, 2015.
- Presidential Republic
President of Congo:
- Denis Sassou Nguesso
- Petroleum, timber, potash, lead, zinc, uranium, copper, phosphates, gold, magnesium, natural gas and hydropower.
- Agriculture products: Cassava (manioc, tapioca), sugar, rice, corn, peanuts, vegetables, coffee, cocoa; forest products.
- Industries: Petroleum extraction, cement, lumber, brewing, sugar, palm oil, soap, flour and cigarettes.
- Main exports: Petroleum, lumber, plywood, sugar, cocoa, coffee and diamonds.
- Main imports: Capital equipment, construction materials and foodstuffs.