Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Location & Area:
- Officially, the Republic of Equatorial Guinea, it is a tropical country situated in central West Africa bordering the Bight of Biafra (Atlantic Ocean) between Cameroon and Gabon, and it shares maritime borders with Nigeria and São Tomé and Príncipe.
- It covers an area of 28,051 sq km (10,830 sq miles).
- October 12
- The climate is tropical with distinct wet and dry seasons. From June to August, Río Muni is dry and Bioko wet; from December to February, the reverse obtains.
- Coastal plains rise to interior hills; islands are volcanic
- 797,457 (July 2018 estimate)
- Spanish (Official);
- Equatorial Guineas flag is three equal horizontal bands of green (top), white, and red, with a blue isosceles triangle based on the hoist side and the coat of arms centered in the white band.
- CFA franc
- It is divided into 7 provinces: Annobon, Bioko Norte, Bioko Sur, Centro Sur, Kie-Ntem, Litoral and Wele-Nzas.
- It was approved by referendum on November 17, 1991.
- Presidential Republic
President of Equatorial Guinea:
- Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
- Equatorial Guineas natural resources consists of Petroleum, natural gas, timber, gold, bauxite, diamonds, tantalum, sand, gravel and clay.
- Agriculture products include: Coffee, cocoa, rice, yams, cassava (manioc, tapioca), bananas, palm oil nuts; livestock and timber.
- Industries: Petroleum, natural gas and sawmilling.
- Main exports: Petroleum products and timber.
- Main imports: Petroleum sector equipment, other equipment, construction materials and vehicles.