Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Location & Area:
- Officially, the Republic of Guinea, it is a coastal country in West Africa. It is bordered by Guinea-Bissau, Senegal and Mali in the north, Côte d’Ivoire in the east and Liberia and Sierra Leone in the south.
- It covers an area of 245,857 sq km (94,926 sq miles).
- October 2
- Generally hot and humid; monsoonal-type rainy season (June to November) with southwesterly winds; dry season (December to May) with northeasterly harmattan winds.
- Generally flat coastal plain, hilly to mountainous interior.
- 11,855,411 (July 2018 estimate)
- French (Official);
- Guinea’s flag is three equal vertical bands of red (hoist side), yellow, and green.
- Guinean franc
- It is divided into 7 regions administrative includes; Boke, Faranah, Kankan, Kindia, Labe, Mamou and N'Zerekore and 1 governorate includes; Conakry.
- The current constitution was approved by referendum on April 19, 2010 and formally adopted on May 7, 2010.
- Presidential Republic
President of Guinea:
- Alpha Condé
- Bauxite, iron ore, diamonds, gold, uranium, hydropower, fish and salt.
- Agriculture products: Rice, coffee, pineapples, mangoes, palm kernels, cocoa, cassava (manioc, tapioca), bananas, potatoes, sweet potatoes; cattle, sheep, goats and timber.
- Industries: Bauxite, gold, diamonds, iron ore; light manufacturing and agricultural processing.
- Main exports: Bauxite, gold, diamonds, coffee, fish and agricultural products.
- Main imports: Petroleum products, metals, machinery, transport equipment, textiles, grain and other foodstuffs.