Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Location & Area:
- Officially, the Republic of Kenya, a country in East Africa bordering the Indian Ocean in the south east, between Somalia and Tanzania.
- It covers an area of 580,367 sq km.
- December 12
- Kenya's climate varies from tropical along coast to arid in interior.
- Low plains rise to central highlands bisected by the Great Rift Valley; fertile plateau in west.
- 48,397,527 (July 2018 estimate)
- Kiswahili (official);
- English (official).
- Kenya’s flag is three equal horizontal bands of black (top), red, and green; the red band is edged in white; a large Maasai warrior's shield covering crossed spears is superimposed at the center.
- Kenya shilling
- It is divided into 47 counties includes; Baringo, Bomet, Bungoma, Busia, Elgeyo/Marakwet, Embu, Garissa, Homa Bay, Isiolo, Kajiado, Kakamega, Kericho, Kiambu, Kilifi, Kirinyaga, Kisii, Kisumu, Kitui, Kwale, Laikipia, Lamu, Machakos, Makueni, Mandera, Marsabit, Meru, Migori, Mombasa, Murang'a, Nairobi City, Nakuru, Nandi, Narok, Nyamira, Nyandarua, Nyeri, Samburu, Siaya, Taita/Taveta, Tana River, Tharaka-Nithi, Trans Nzoia, Turkana, Uasin Gishu, Vihiga, Wajir and West Pokot.
- The latest constitution drafted on May 6, 2010, passed by referendum on August 4, 2010 and promulgated on August 27, 2010.
- Presidential Republic
President of Kenya:
- Uhuru Kenyatta
- Limestone, soda ash, salt, gemstones, fluorspar, zinc, diatomite, gypsum, wildlife and hydropower.
- Agriculture products: Tea, coffee, corn, wheat, sugarcane, fruit, vegetables; dairy products, beef, fish, pork, poultry and eggs.
- Industries: Small-scale consumer goods (plastic, furniture, batteries, textiles, clothing, soap, cigarettes, flour), agricultural products, horticulture, oil refining; aluminum, steel, lead; cement, commercial ship repair, tourism and information technology.
- Main exports: Tea, horticultural products, coffee, petroleum products, fish, cement and apparel.
- Main imports: Machinery and transportation equipment, oil, petroleum products, motor vehicles, iron and steel, resins and plastics.