Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Location & Area:
- Officially, Kingdom of Lesotho, it is a landlocked kingdom, enclave of South Africa, by which is entirely surrounded.
- It covers an area of 30,355 sq km (11,720 sq miles).
- October 4
- The weather is often unstable, with rapid changes in wind and temperature from day to day. Winter is the driest season, while summer is the rainiest.
- Mostly highland with plateaus, hills, and mountains.
- 1,962,461 (July 2018 estimate)
- English (official);
- Sesotho (official).
- Lesotho’s flag is three horizontal stripes of blue (top), white, and green in the proportions of 3:4:3.
- It is divided into 10 districts includes; Berea, Butha-Buthe, Leribe, Mafeteng, Maseru, Mohale's Hoek, Mokhotlong, Qacha's Nek, Quthing and Thaba-Tseka.
- The latest constitution adopted on April 2, 1993 (effectively restoring the 1967 version).
- Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
King of Lesotho:
- King Letsie III
- Water, agricultural and grazing land, diamonds, sand, clay and building stone.
- Agriculture products: Corn, wheat, pulses, sorghum, barley and livestock.
- Industries: Food, beverages, textiles, apparel assembly, handicrafts, construction and tourism.
- Main exports: Manufactures (clothing, footwear), wool and mohair, food and live animals, electricity, water and diamonds.
- Main imports: Food; building materials, vehicles, machinery, medicines and petroleum products.