Liberia is a tropical country in West Africa with a spectacular coastline at the North Atlantic Ocean.
Location & Area:
- Western Africa, bordering the North Atlantic Ocean, between Cote d'Ivoire and Sierra Leone.
- It covers an area of 111,369 km2.
- July 26 (Independence Day)
- Tropical; hot, humid; dry winters with hot days and cool to cold nights; wet, cloudy summers with frequent heavy showers.
- Mostly flat to rolling coastal plains rising to rolling plateau and low mountains in northeast.
- 4,809,768 (July 2018 estimate)
- English (official) and an English-based pidgin (Liberian English), plus several indigenous languages.
- Liberian flag is 11 equal horizontal stripes of red (top and bottom) alternating with white; a white five-pointed star appears on a blue square in the upper hoist-side corner.
- Liberian dollar (LRD)
- It is divided into 15 counties includes; Bomi, Bong, Gbarpolu, Grand Bassa, Grand Cape Mount, Grand Gedeh, Grand Kru, Lofa, Margibi, Maryland, Montserrado, Nimba, River Cess, River Gee and Sinoe.
- It is latest drafted on October 19, 1983, revised version adopted by referendum on July 3, 1984 and effective on January 6, 1986.
- Presidential Republic
President of Liberia:
- George Weah
- Iron ore, timber, diamonds, gold and hydropower.
- Agriculture products: Rubber, coffee, cocoa, rice, cassava (manioc, tapioca), palm oil, sugarcane, bananas; sheep, goats and timber.
- Industries: Mining (iron ore and gold), rubber processing, palm oil processing and diamonds.
- Main exports: Rubber, timber, iron, diamonds, cocoa and coffee.
- Main imports: Fuels, chemicals, machinery, transportation equipment, manufactured goods; foodstuffs.