Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Location & Area:
- Officially, the Republic of the Niger, it is a landlocked country in Western Africa situated on the southern edge of the Sahara Desert. Niger is bordered by Libya and Algeria in the north, Benin and Nigeria in the south, Burkina Faso in the southeast, Mali in the west, and Chad in the east.
- It covers an area of 1.267 million sq km.
- December 18
- August 3
- Desert; mostly hot, dry, dusty; tropical in extreme south.
- Predominately desert plains and sand dunes; flat to rolling plains in south; hills in north.
- 19,866,231 (July 2018 estimate)
- French (official);
- Niger's flag is three equal horizontal bands of orange (top), white, and green with a small orange disk centered in the white band.
- CFA (Communaute Financiere Africaine) franc
- It is divided into 7 regions includes; Agadez, Diffa, Dosso, Maradi, Tahoua, Tillaberi and Zinder and 1 capital district includes; Niamey.
- Niger's constitution passed by referendum on October 31, 2010 and entered into force on November 25, 2010.
- Semi – Presidential Republic
President of Niger:
- Mahamadou Issoufou
- Uranium, coal, iron ore, tin, phosphates, gold, molybdenum, gypsum, salt and petroleum.
- Agriculture products: Cowpeas, cotton, peanuts, millet, sorghum, cassava (manioc, tapioca), rice; cattle, sheep, goats, camels, donkeys, horses, and poultry.
- Industries: Uranium mining, petroleum, cement, brick, soap, textiles, food processing, chemicals and slaughterhouses.
- Main exports: Uranium ore, livestock, cowpeas and onions.
- Main imports: Foodstuffs, machinery, vehicles and parts, petroleum and cereals.