Sierra Leone, officially the Republic of Sierra Leone, is a country in West Africa.
Location & Area:
- Western Africa, bordering the North Atlantic Ocean, between Guinea and Liberia.
- It covers an area of 71,740 km2.
- April 27 (Independence Day).
- Tropical; hot, humid; summer rainy season (May to December); winter dry season (December to April).
- Coastal belt of mangrove swamps, wooded hill country, upland plateau, mountains in east.
- 6,312,212 (July 2018 estimate).
- English (official, regular use limited to literate minority);
- Mende (principal vernacular in the south);
- Temne (principal vernacular in the north).
- Sierra Leone's flag is three equal horizontal bands of light green (top), white, and light blue.
- Sierra Leonean leone.
- It is divided into 4 provinces includes; Eastern, Northern, North Western and Southern and 1 area;Western.
- Latest effective on October 1, 1991.
- Presidential Republic.
President of Sierra Leone:
- Julius Maada Bio
- Diamonds, titanium ore, bauxite, iron ore, gold and chromite.
- Agriculture products: Rice, coffee, cocoa, palm kernels, palm oil, peanuts, cashews; poultry, cattle, sheep, pigs and fish.
- Industries: Diamond mining; iron ore, rutile and bauxite mining; small-scale manufacturing (beverages, textiles, footwear).
- Main exports: Iron ore, diamonds, rutile, cocoa, coffee and fish.
- Main imports: Foodstuffs, machinery and equipment, fuels and lubricants and chemicals.