Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Location & Area:
- Officially, the Republic of Uganda, it is a landlocked country across the equator in Eastern Africa bordering Lake Victoria in south east. It is bordered by South Sudan in north, Democratic Republic of the Congo in west, Kenya in east, and by Rwanda and Tanzania in south.
- It covers an area of 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles).
- October 9
- Tropical; generally rainy with two dry seasons (December to February, June to August); semiarid in northeast.
- Mostly plateau with rim of mountains.
- 40,853,749 (July 2018 estimate)
- English (official);
- Swahili (official).
- Uganda’s flag is six equal horizontal bands of black (top), yellow, red, black, yellow, and red; a white disk is superimposed at the center and depicts a grey crowned crane (the national symbol) facing the hoist side.
- Ugandan shilling
- It is divided into 121 districts includes; Abim, Adjumani, Agago, Alebtong, Amolatar, Amudat, Amuria, Amuru, Apac, Arua, Budaka, Bududa, Bugiri, Buhweju, Buikwe, Bukedea, Bukomansimbi, Bukwa, Bulambuli, Buliisa, Bundibugyo, Bunyangabu, Bushenyi, Busia, Butaleja, Butambala, Butebo, Buvuma, Buyende, Dokolo, Gomba, Gulu, Hoima, Ibanda, Iganga, Isingiro, Jinja, Kaabong, Kabale, Kabarole, Kaberamaido, Kagadi, Kakumiro, Kalangala, Kaliro, Kalungu, Kamuli, Kamwenge, Kanungu, Kapchorwa, Kasese, Katakwi, Kayunga, Kibaale, Kiboga, Kibuku, Kiruhura, Kiryandongo, Kisoro, Kitgum, Koboko, Kole, Kotido, Kumi, Kween, Kyankwanzi, Kyegegwa, Kyenjojo, Kyotera, Lamwo, Lira, Luuka, Luwero, Lwengo, Lyantonde, Manafwa, Maracha, Masaka, Masindi, Mayuge, Mbale, Mbarara, Mitooma, Mityana, Moroto, Moyo, Mpigi, Mubende, Mukono, Nakapiripirit, Nakaseke, Nakasongola, Namayingo, Namisindwa, Namutumba, Napak, Nebbi, Ngora, Ntoroko, Ntungamo, Nwoya, Omoro, Otuke, Oyam, Pader, Pakwach, Pallisa, Rakai, Rubanda, Rubirizi, Rukiga, Rukungiri, Sembabule, Serere, Sheema, Sironko, Soroti, Tororo, Wakiso, Yumbe and Zombo and 1 capital city includes; Kampala.
- The latest constitution adopted on September 27, 1995 and promulgated on October 8, 1995.
- Presidential Republic
President of Uganda:
- Yoweri Museveni
- Copper, cobalt, hydropower, limestone, salt, arable land and gold.
- Agriculture products: Coffee, tea, cotton, tobacco, cassava (manioc, tapioca), potatoes, corn, millet, pulses, cut flowers; beef, goat meat, milk, poultry, and fish.
- Industries: Sugar processing, brewing, tobacco, cotton textiles; cement and steel production.
- Main exports: Coffee, fish and fish products, tea, cotton, flowers, horticultural products and gold.
- Main imports: Capital equipment, vehicles, petroleum, medical supplies and cereals.