Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Location & Area:
- Officially, the Republic of Zambia, a landlocked country in central southern Africa, separated from Zimbabwe by the Zambezi River. Zambia is also bordered by Angola, Botswana, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, and Tanzania.
- It covers an area of 752,618 sq km.
- October 24
- Tropical; modified by altitude; rainy season (October to April).
- Mostly high plateau with some hills and mountains.
- 16,445,079 (July 2018 estimate)
- English (official)
- Zambia’s flag is green field with a panel of three vertical bands of red (hoist side), black, and orange below a soaring orange eagle, on the outer edge of the flag.
- It is divided into 10 provinces includes; Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Luapula, Lusaka, Muchinga, Northern, North-Western, Southern and Western.
- The Constitution of Zambia was formally adopted on August 24, 1991, promulgated on August 30, 1991, amended in 2009 and last amended in 2016.
- Presidential Republic
President of Zambia:
- Edgar Lungu
- Copper, cobalt, zinc, lead, coal, emeralds, gold, silver, uranium and hydropower.
- Agriculture products: Corn, sorghum, rice, peanuts, sunflower seeds, vegetables, flowers, tobacco, cotton, sugarcane, cassava (manioc, tapioca), coffee; cattle, goats, pigs, poultry, milk, eggs and hides.
- Industries: Copper mining and processing, emerald mining, construction, foodstuffs, beverages, chemicals, textiles, fertilizer and horticulture.
- Main exports: Copper/cobalt, cobalt, electricity; tobacco, flowers and cotton.
- Main imports: Machinery, transportation equipment, petroleum products, electricity, fertilizer, foodstuffs and clothing.